Located at 1000 South 6th Street
- 812-238-5500 - Fax 812-231-1004
If you live in Terre Haute, Indiana, or are just visiting,
Magdy's is the place to go for those special occasion dinners or
just casual dining. From a simple business lunch or
dinner-out, to a wedding rehearsal dinner or special
romantic evening deserving of elegance, Magdy's can do it all in
an historical setting.
Magdy's is located in the Ludovici-Cajacob House, built in 1873,
and part of the Farrington's Grove Historical District. In
the spring of 1986, Farrington's Grove became the first
residential neighborhood in Terre Haute to be listed in the
National Register of Historic Places.
Winter at Magdy's
The building housing Magdy's Restaurant, is an excellent example
of Italianate style architecture. This two-and-one-half story
brick structure has a multi-gable roof with classic returns. It
is ornately detailed and features plain and vermiculated quoins
at the corners of the house and scroll-sawn brackets on the
cornice. The property also contains a brick carriage
The building was designed by J. A. Vrydagh and
constructed by Kimball and Hunter. The original owner, John B.
Ludivici, came to Terre Haute in 1850 and started a very
successful grocery business.